Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 24 months from the date of completion of the work described on the contract or proposal, R.C. Painting (the "Contractor") will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or his employees, to perform the repairs.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work not performed by the Contractor.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESSED WARRANTY MADE BY THE CONTRACTOR AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTOR TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE CONTRACT OR PROPOSAL. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRACTOR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THE CONTRACT.
This warranty provides specific legal rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
For more information, please contact us.